Friday, November 11, 2005


The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali

Time Quotes


Everything happens to everybody sooner or later if there is time enough.
George Bernard Shaw

Time is what we want most, but what we use worst.
William Penn

Much may be done
in those little shreds and patches of time
which every day produces,
and which most men throw away.

Charles Caleb Colton

Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.
Henry David Thoreau

Time is the coin of your life.
It is the only coin you have,
and only you can determine how it will be spent.
Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.

Carl Sandburg

But what minutes!
Count them by sensation,
and not by calendars,
and each moment is a day.

Benjamin Disraeli

Clocks slay time...
time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels;
only when the clock stops does time come to life.

William Faulkner

You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by;
but some of them are golden only because we let them slip by.

James M. Barrie

Don't say you don't have enough time.
You have exactly the same number of hours per day
that were given to
Helen Keller, Pasteur,
Michaelangelo,
Mother Teresea,
Leonardo da Vinci,
Thomas Jefferson,
and Albert Einstein.

H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Until you value yourself, you won't value your time.
Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.

M. Scott Peck

Time is just something that we assign.
You know, past, present, it's just all arbitrary.
Most Native Americans, they don't think of time as linear;
in time, out of time,
I never have enough time, circular time,
the Stevens wheel.
All moments are happening all the time.
Robin Green and Mitchell Burgess, Northern Exposure


I don't think of the past.
The only thing that matters is the everlasting present.
W. Somerset Maugham

Time is like a conveyor belt,
it keeps moving forward
while some fall off along the way
and many stay on to the very end of the line.
D. Bowden

3 comments:

jules said...

I like the quote by H.Jackson Brown jr.
When I talk about things on the computer some of my friends huff saying that it's all right for me but THEY haven't the time! The computer is my luxury. Others find time to take trips and do other things perhaps while I'm sitting at the computer. We all have the same number of hours to organize!

Stardust said...

I love my computer. I worked in computer graphics for years before returning to school to get a Masters in English and decided to write. I love to communicate with people and have more than 40 penfriends all over the world and we all hand-write letters to each other. (we letter writers are a rare breed nowadays!) I learn about their cultures and I tell them about ours and we exchange opinions and ideas. The internet has made it possible for me to meet even more wonderful people! I know that cyberspace can be a dangerous place, but I refuse to give into irrational fears and use common sense. I have been enjoying your blogs and reading your writing and looking at the wonderful artwork you post.

Stardust said...

Also, computers take you to more places than you could ever travel to. It's the next best thing to being there. :-)